Wednesday, March 18, 2015
1. Share a favorite song, book, or movie title containing the word green? One that came to mind is called Sparly Green Earrings by Melanie Shankle. She is the author of the Big Mama blog. I listened to audio, enjoyed it, and reviewed it here. (She has another new book coming out in April too.)
2. Ralph Waldo Emerson is quoted as saying, 'Shallow men believe in luck. Strong men believe in cause and effect.' Would you agree? Are you a believer in luck? It seems some people think everything happens because of luck or chance. I don't really believe in luck.
3. Spring water, Hot Springs, handspring, spring fling, spring break, spring fever, offspring...which 'spring' word best applies to something in your day, week, or life right now? Well spring break was last week. I guess offspring fits best since I'm thinking of our new baby and wondering if this baby is a boy or girl!
4. What's something you do to make yourself look or feel more confident? Change what I'm wearing. Some clothes make me feel too "frumpy" and certain ones don't.
5. It's National Celery Month...are you a fan? If so, what's a snack or dish you enjoy that calls for celery? Yes I like to eat celery on occasion. I like to make chicken salad using this recipe from Kelly's Korner that has celery.
6. What's one thing you wish you'd learned sooner? I guess there are many things, but I can't think of them at the moment. So many things are a process of growing and learning over time. One through this pregnancy has been to not focus on the "what if's" as I tend to do easily.
7. Would you like to own a second home? If so where would you want that home to be? Nah, I don't think so. That would be a lot of expense and work.
8. Insert your own random thought here. We feel so blessed and loved at the baby shower hosted by our church on Sunday. Everything was so nice....decorations, gifts, food, those who came. It was a bit overwhelming when we came home and saw so many gifts filling our living room floor. We've been sorting things out and getting them put away for now. The baby's room is coming along I'll have to take pictures of the Berenstain Bears blanket/wall hanging and the mobile my Mom made Caleb also helped with the wall hanging.
Have a day of blessings!