Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Wednesday Hodgepodge


1. April showers bring May flowers, or so the saying goes. When did you last 'shower' attention on someone or have attention 'showered' on you? Did you love it, or did all that attention make you squirm?  I guess my birthday back in February. We ate Mexican food and they sang to me which was kinda embarrassing. But there were not too many other customers so it was not as bad as at some places. 

2. Share a favorite 'spring break' memory. Not talking about just the 'college spring break' thing, but any favorite spring break memory you'd like to share. Keep it family friendly please!  I don't really remember doing anything on spring break when I was a kid. In college our spring break fell in March on my boyfriend's (now husband) birthday. My Mom, aunt, and cousin were going to be in Waco for a PIPs convention that weekend so I rode home with him to meet his family for the first time. We went out to eat and I was so sick. I ended up at the hospital that night!  Quite the memory! 

3. It's National Pecan Month...are you a fan? If so, what's your favorite dish that calls for pecans?  Yes I love pecans. Pecan pie is my favorite. I used to make a pie for the county fair that won a ribbon. 

4.  'Put all your eggs in one basket', 'egg on your face', 'rotten egg', 'walk on eggshells', or 'a good egg'...which egg-spression could most recently be applied to your own life?  I can't think of how any of these apply at the moment. 

5.  In my experience___________________________________.  
It seems if I don't have my umbrella or camera (see #8) with me I end up wishing I did have it. 

6. What's a  favorite song with the word rain in its title or lyrics?
Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens..... From The Sound of Music

7. What does the word hope mean to you?  Hope means haniging on a little bit longer, not giving up, continuing to try even when things don't look very positive. Hope is tied to faith. 

A verse I think of about hope is Hebrews 11:1-- Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

8.  Insert your own random thought here. 
Last night when we were coming home from archery practice I saw something moving beside the road. It was an armadillo!  We watched him for a few minutes and were rather close to him. I wish I would have had my camera with me and did not!  It was fun to see one so close!  

Have a day of blessings!

3 comments:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I think everyone get embarrassed when they sing in the restaurants but it is a lot of fun too! An award winning pie, that is cool. That is a good answer for #5, "in my experience." That is a nice Bible verse, thank you for sharing it. Wow I bet that was something to see last night!

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

Oh, Armadillos are rampant here on the roadways. Creepy creatures!

I hope you will try the Plantation Pound Cake, it is truly divine!

Happy Thursday!

Unknown said...

Thanks for coming by to read my hodgepodge answers yesterday.
That certainly wasn't a good way to spend spring break that year.
I don't like being in the spotlight at a restaurant either, having them all sing happy birthday to me... nope. I'm embarrassed and my family knows better than to do that too me.
I always have those moments too when I wish I had my camera. That's why I like my iPhone but sometimes it just doesn't get the kind of picture I wanted.
You have a great day. Come back to my page again.