Thursday, April 10, 2014

Thankful Thursday

I have had a nice week and have enjoyed the spring weather.  My heart has been remembering last April, and I'll be doing a post about that soon. I can't believe the year has passed already. 

What are you thankful for today?  

I'm thankful for....

~ being able to communicate with my husband with our free minutes on our cell phones. I don't use many minutes to talk to anyone else, but when I hear the account summary of mobile-to-mobile minutes, it makes me thankful to have that plan!

~ my boy at school in a class I got to sub for this week. I signed up for it last week and had been looking forward to it. Caleb told me last night when I reminded him I'd be his sub....unless it snows!  Last time I was supposed to sub for his class we had a late start so his class didn't come to my class that day.  He gave me a thumbs up sign which I thought was cute.  And I liked seeing him throughout the day in the hall. 

~ having a fun day subbing.  I enjoyed being with the children.  It is always a reminder to me every time I am at the school how much our teachers and schools need our prayers and how these children have so much they are dealing with on a daily basis.

~  receiving a graduation announcement in the mail from one of the 1st graders I taught my second year of teaching.  A few weeks ago I received an envelope from his Mom asking for a letter to him for a scrapbook she is putting together.  I felt honored that she included me.  I found some pictures that I copied to send along with a letter I wrote.  We have kept in touch through the years.  I wish I was in touch with more of my former students from that class.

~ a day being at home all day.  The past couple of weeks I've had errands or appointments or something for at least part of every day.  I had a day home all day this week and am thankful for that!  I was productive and enjoyed my day.

Have a day of blessings!

1 comment:

Karen said...

Hi Bethany, I didn't realize you are subbing now. I did that for a few years, and enjoyed it…most of the time :)