Wednesday, November 6, 2013

The Secret Keeper



I have finished reading The Secret Keeper by Beverly Lewis This is part of the Home to Hickory Hollow Series.  I reviewed another book in the series called The Bridesmaid here.

About the book:Jennifer Burns shocks her family and friends when she bids farewell to her modern life in favor of the Old Order Amish world, settling in with Samuel and Rebecca Lapp.

The people of Hickory Hollow are curious about the beautiful young seeker among them--one handsome Amishman in particular--and Jenny faces many challenges in the Proving time the brethren set for her...challenges of the heart, as well as the spirit.


My thoughts: I enjoyed this story as I do all the books I read by Beverly Lewis.  I truly cannot imagine what it would be like to go from the English ‘fancy’ world to living Amish!  This book gives a little insight into the struggle that would be for someone. Many of the things that Jenny faced I had not considered, like all the things one would have to learn to do like hitching up a buggy or baking a loaf of bread.   I liked the characters in this story and continuing to see the Wise Woman as she is lovingly called, who has been in previous books.  I appreciated seeing the struggles Jenny faced as she worked to become Amish because it seemed authentic of what someone might really feel in this situation. 
This book was provided by Bethany House Publishers for my honest review.     

Have a day of blessings!

No comments: