Saturday, November 24, 2012

The Bridesmaid by Beverly Lewis


The Bridesmaid is the second book in the Home to Hickory Hollow Series.  I reviewed the first book The Fiddler here

Joanna Kurtz has been a bridesmaid several times and some people, like her sister Cora Jane, are wondering if she will ever be a bride herself.  Joanna is optimistic though that she will one day marry.  Her heart is taken with Eben Troyer.  They have a long distance courtship because he lives in Indiana.  Will Eben be able to leave Indiana to move to Hickory Hollow to properly court Joanna?  Should Joanna wait for him or move on?   

I liked reading Joanna's story. I appreciated her faith and her dedication.  She had a strained relationship with Cora Jane which caused problems through the book.  She also had a tough time because of her love for writing stories and her hidden desire to have her work published. 

This was an enjoyable book, and I have enjoyed it as I've enjoyed others by Beverly Lewis.  

This book was provided by Bethany House Publishers for my review. 

Have a day of blessings!

No comments: