Wednesday, February 13, 2013
1. This week marks the beginning of Lent...will you be giving something up or adding anything to your life during this season of the year? No, I never have for Lent.
2. The day before Lent is Shrove Tuesday... tradition states you eat pancakes on this day. In some parts of the world Shrove Tuesday is actually known as 'pancake day'. How do you like your pancakes? Or don't you? I do like pancakes, but I can't eat too many because they make me feel weird. I like them with butter and syrup or I have enjoyed them with some whip cream and fruit or chocolate chips .
3. I'm sure there are many, but what's one love song you really love? It's really hard to pick only one! But since I'm thinking of my husband (see #8 below) I will say My Valentine by Martina McBride.
4. What are some things you do to let others know you love them? Make my husband and son their lunches and do their laundry/ironing for them. Send cards in the mail (sometimes with a small gift card in them). Write "thinking of you" FB messages. Make special desserts or meals. Hugs. Prayers.
5. Roses...red, pink, or do you prefer another color? Can you recall the last time someone gave you flowers? Given your choice would you like to open the door and see a dozen red roses, a dozen purple tulips, or a dozen pink peonies? I like any color of roses. My husband usually finds some that are mixed colors. Speaking of roses, I miss my rose bush that was at our old house. It was always so pretty. My husband gave me some tulips not very long ago, I don't remember when. I'd choose a dozen purple tulips. :)
6. President's Day will be celebrated in America next Monday. Does US Presidential history and trivia interest you? Many Presidential homes are open to the public and offer guided tours...Monticello (Jefferson's home), Mount Vernon (Washington's home), Montpelier (James Madison's home), Hyde Park (FD Roosevelt's home) and The White House (home to the sitting President) to name just a few. Of those listed which would you be most interested in touring? Why? I would enjoy visiting any of these but especially Mount Vernon and The White House. We hope to go on vacation to that area one summer.
7. Are you good at keeping secrets? Yes! When I have a secret, I know I have to guard what I say very carefully because many times I would mention the secret by accident in normal conversation.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
:) On this day 15 years ago (FIFTEEN! seems like such a big number!) it was a Friday, and a cute boy gave me a card he had made asking me to be his Valentine in the Bean (cafeteria) after morning chapel. We eventually married. :)
Have a day of blessings!