Wednesday, February 13, 2013

I Still Believe (audio book)



About the book:Christian recording artist Jeremy Camp has written songs that have touched millions of lives. His lyrics reveal a heart that’s been broken and a faith that has been tested and restored.

In I Still Believe, Jeremy shares, with unflinching candor and emotion, the extraordinary story behind his award-winning lyrics–from his impoverished childhood, rebellious teenage years, and spiritual awakening at Bible College, to the tragic loss of his first wife, Melissa, to cancer and the heart-wrenching spiritual journey that followed–a journey that reignited Jeremy’s faith, inspired some of his most beloved songs, and paved the way for a second chance at love with his second wife, Adrienne.

This memoir is a must-read for Jeremy Camp fans everywhere, and an inspiring, encouraging read for anyone who has ever experienced loss.

My thoughts:
This is a very thoughtful book.  I have heard Jeremy Camp's songs, but I had no idea of his story.  I touched by his example and faith.  I also enjoyed learning the meaning behind some of his most popular songs.  When you hear a song on the radio, you can often relate because of what you are going through in life.  It gives new meaning to me as a listener to find out why the artist wrote the song in the first place.  I felt he was honest about his life, the struggles he has experienced, and how everything has not been easy for him in his career. 

The audio version is read by Adam Verner, and he did a good job.  I had no problems listening to him or staying focused on the book. 

This book is well-written, and I feel it can benefit the listener by hearing his story and his example of faith during times of loss and heart break.  I am so glad I had the opportunity to listen to it.

This audio was provided to me by christianaudio Reviewers Program for my review. 

Have a day of blessings!

No comments: