Thursday, October 11, 2012

Thankful Thursday

Thank you for stopping by my blog today for Thankful Thursday. 

This week I am thankful for...
~  my sweet husband.  Today I appreciate his knowledge.  When I hear him talking to someone about his work "stuff," I have no clue!  He knows so much about so many different areas. 

~ the wonderful report on our boy during our parent/teacher conference this week.  Monday was a day off for my boy, and the school had conferences scheduled that day.  His teacher had such nice things to say about him and his behavior and attitude.  We are also proud of his reading.  The first six weeks he has read over 300,000 words.  The goal is to be a "Million Word Reader."   This is through the Accelerated Reader program. 

~  seeing former teachers and classmates at my 15 year high school reunion.  I think these relationships are important.  Coming from a small school, we grew up together and spent so much of our life together.  I know everyone doesn't have that sort of relationship with their classmates and teachers, and I'm thankful I do. 

~ the signs of fall....cooler temperatures, acorns, pumpkins, leaves changing colors.  I enjoy this time of year!  And I'm thankful God gave us seasons.

~ nice time with ladies from our church Monday night at our Bible study.  We meet once a month, and this is always an enjoyable time. 

Also, if you did not see my review in the post below, I encourage you to check it out.  If you are looking for a great study to do by yourself or with a group of women, I recommend the book and DVD experience called She's Got Issues

This month for Thankful Thursday we are meeting at Women Taking a Stand.  Join us!

Have a day of blessings!

2 comments:

tammi said...

So many wonderful things to be thankful for! I generally think of myself as being academically smarter than my husband, but there's no doubt he knows a lot more than I do about a good many things!! I always enjoy listening to him talk about his work, too!

And it's ALWAYS good to hear teachers praise your kids! :)

Kathleen said...

A wonderful post full of wonderful things to be thankful for .... ! You are so blessed! Have a wonderful day :)