Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Do you have issues??


I had the privilege of reviewing She's Got Issues by Nicole Unice.  This is a DVD and there is a book of the same title. 

We all have issues as women.  It seems we often hide the reality of these issues because we don't want others to know our struggles or that we aren't want we seem to be on the outside.  In this study there are six lessons based on the issues we face as women.  These issues keep us from experiencing the life God has for us.  The six issues she addresses are control, insecurity, comparison, fear, anger, and unforgiveness. 

Do you have trouble with any of these?  As I was reading the book and watching the DVD, I was struck by how much I can relate to each them.  Some I would think to myself "Oh I don't have a problem with that."  Then as I got into it I could see how the issue is present in my life, either now or at some time in the past.  It was refreshing to me to see how other women struggle and that God wants more for us than to continue living with these issues.

Each issue is covered in two chapters of the book.  One thing I like is the questions asked at the end of each chapter that would be great for group discussion.  The DVD has six sessions that go with the chapters in the book.  At the beginning of each session Nicole interviews a lady about how she deals with a particular issue and what it has looked like in her life.  Then it changes to a group setting where she does some teaching, sharing both stories and examples from the Bible. 

I highly recommend this book and DVD for you to do as a study by yourself or with a group of ladies.  I really learned a lot from it and found it very applicable and "real life." 

You can see more about the book at this link, including a clip with Nicole Unice.

Thank you to Tyndale for providing this book and DVD for my honest review.
 
Have a day of blessings!

No comments: