Thursday, May 3, 2012

Thankful Thursday

This month for Thankful Thursday we are meeting at Women Taking a Stand.

My heart has so much for which I am thankful for today.  I am glad we can join together in giving thanks each week.

Here is my list this week:

~ my husband having the opportunity to speak today to college classes.  For one class he will be on a panel with a couple of others and then for the second class he will doing a presentation about his work and the programs they fund.  He practiced that part for me last night.  I enjoyed listening to him.  He has so much knowledge about what he does!  And it was nice to see all the pictures of the various projects that Rural Development has helped to fund for rural communities to see how what he does makes a difference to people's lives....through housing, businesses, water, and so much more.

~  my boy being selected again for student of the month.  He came home with a certificate in his backpack.  I pulled it out, and he said oh yeah I forgot to tell you about that.  He is talking about touring the building where he will go next year when he is a 3rd grader and changes campuses.  I can't believe 2nd grade is almost over!

~ seeing our garden growing.  I have been watering each morning.  This week on Monday I could see a difference in the plants and noticed they had grown after not doing the watering myself on the weekend.  We have peppers, tomatoes, a squash, and a watermelon.  Caleb started the watermelon in the house in a little pot he saw at Lowe's one day.  I wasn't sure at first it was going to make it when he put it in the ground but it seems to be growing now.  Also, he brought home a lettuce plant they grew at school that we will need to plant.

~ time with my brother in law on Saturday evening.  We ate at Cracker Barrel (I got the chicken and rice, and it was SO yummy!) and then walked around campus and Caleb got to play catch.  It was such a pretty evening after a hot day and we were glad to get to visit for a little bit while he was in town.

~ our list of 1,000 gifts we have made as a family.  Last night we got to 1,000!  We have been recording gifts together each night at bedtime in a journal since October.  Some nights we do one each, other nights we list several.  I love that through the day often Caleb will tell me he knows what he is saying for this "thankful thing" that night. 

Have a day of blessings!

8 comments:

Kelli Woodford said...

What a beautiful list!

I especially appreciate how you demonstrate honor to your husband by praising his knowledge and ability to communicate. That would bless any husband, I'm sure!

Hopped over from Women Taking a Stand! Nice to meet you! :)

Denise said...

Nice blessings.

momto8blog said...

what a happy fun post! life is definitely sweeter when we count our blessings!!
I am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.
congrats to your son!

Kate @ Teaching What Is Good said...

What a sweet list!! I love it.

Ms. Kathleen said...

How blessed you are and how blessed is your family to have you! You have some wonderful thanks. Have a blessed day!

Misty said...

Love your list of things to be thankful for. And.. I love the idea of making a thankful list as a family! I have been looking for something to do with my children and love this! I must get started on one with my family.. thank you for sharing this post!

Kristy said...

Hi! Thanks for coming by. My foster daughter just turned 8. I may have to join up for thankful Thursday's, I love that idea.

The White House Baby said...

Hi nice to meet you too. Thanks for stopping by, what an inspirational blog you have :)