Friday, May 4, 2012

About me...

I am linking up today with SUYL at Kelly's Korner so I thought I'd do a little post to introduce myself.

Welcome, thank you for stopping by today! 

I am married to my best friend and college sweetheart.  We will celebrate our 11 year anniversary in June.  I am so thankful for him and our relationship and how we have grown through the years.  He is the best!  We have a son who is 7 (he will be 8 in August) and finishing 2nd grade.  I am a stay at home Mom.  I taught 1st and 2nd grades before Caleb was born.  I volunteer twice a week at my son's school and also teach a class of 4 year olds at our church on Sunday mornings. 

We have lived here since December 2010.  The move was quite a learning experience for us as we went through months of waiting and unknowns.  God has been faithful and His timing about everything was perfect.  We are so glad to be here and love our little city and home. 

I enjoy reading and do book reviews here on my blog for various publishers.  I am a letter writer and love sending mail to family and friends and a group of senior citizens (a Yahoo group I found a few years ago).  I have recently started using Pinterest and enjoy finding ideas there to make.  So far I've tried out some recipes, a Valentine's Day wreath, and a Mother's Day craft. Things I like:  Precious Moments figurines, pens and stationery, Sonic Happy Hour, baking, the color purple, working with children, trying new recipes.

Have a day of blessings!

2 comments:

Catie said...

Thanks for visiting my blog!! I live North-west of Lubbock. I'm looking forward to getting to know you better through your blog!

heididh33 said...

I'm trying to remember- did I originally find your blog through Kelly's? Have you linked up to her before?