Thursday, October 20, 2011

Thankful Thursday!

Join with us for Thankful Thursday this month at Spiritually Unequal Marriage

It's been another week, another week full of blessings.  I've been reminded this week how quickly life can change.  Our neighbor was involved in a serious car accident last Friday.   She's had surgeries and is facing more in the coming days.  She is making progress which is good and still has a long road of recovery.  Pray for her and her family as they deal with all of this. This reminded me how life is a precious gift and to appreciate the ones in your life.  The simple routine of seeing her in the mornings as she walks with her kids to school has changed, something that I didn't think much about until she's not out there walking each morning. 

This week I am thankful for...
~ my husband getting home a few minutes early.  Sometimes he can't leave right at "quitting time," so it feels like a special treat when he's home a few minutes earlier than I expect him.

~ my boy always making us laugh and smile with the funny things he says.  After school yesterday he got in the car and said I wonder why all those teachers are wearing Texas Rangers tshirts today.  I told him it was because the Rangers were in the World Series.  Then later he asked me are the Rangers a football or baseball team? It made me laugh, we aren't big sports fans here!

~ being able to volunteer at the school.  This week I got to help in the library and with picture day. 

~ savings I've had in my shopping this week.  I'm not one of those extreme couponers but I do like to save when I can.  I had a couple of BOGO free coupons for shampoo. And I noticed bananas were a few cents cheaper this week.  Not that it amounted to much savings but I still noticed because  most prices are going up!  Also, I love that our little local store has half-price meat first thing in the mornings.  I like to go about once a week after I take my boy to school and buy a large pack, cook it, and freeze it so it's ready when I need it for meals. 

~ the memories I have of Peepaw.  I always miss him, but I've thought of him more this week.  It seems lately everywhere there is a reminder of him.  I did not think about how hard it would be to go back to the hospital where I saw him last.  As I walked up to the big building, my heart was thinking of the memories of that day when I saw him for the last time.  When I took my boy to Dairy Queen for an after-school ice cream, a teenage boy came in with his grandparents and it made me miss those ice cream treats with Peepaw. 

 Have a day of blessings!

7 comments:

Lisa Maria said...

Hello Bethany.. visiting from TT. I myself am thanking God for the precious gift of life. Great gratitude list.. I miss those days of helping out in the school library but as my girls moved on to different levels of education there wasn't the need anymore. Enjoy it while you can!

God bless!

Brooke said...

getting a bargain is always fun :) you're totally right - every little penny saved helps these days. if you can just manage to not let the budget go up, you're doing something right.

Brooke said...

getting a bargain is always fun :) you're totally right - every little penny saved helps these days. if you can just manage to not let the budget go up, you're doing something right.

Carol said...

I liked your family focused list. I remember volunteering in the elementary school when my children were young-- it is a good way to get insight into the school day. Good memories.

Have a blessed weekend!

Misty said...

Beautiful thankful list, thank you for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Hi Bethany, I will certainly lift your neighbor up in prayer. God bless.

Unknown said...

Bethany,

I always love to stop in here and read about your boys and your family. It's truly a joyful thing to thank God for all the ordinary but extraordinary in our lives. Love you.