Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Book review: Spot the Puppy


I received a copy of the children's book Spot the Puppy by Emily G. Simmons in the mail for my review.  This is book one in a series about Spot.

In book 1 Spot faces a test to stand up for what is right in a hard situation.  He's trying to make a new friend, but the new friend is doing things Spot knows are wrong.  He learns a lesson about choices and friendship.

This is a good story with a good lesson, and I feel this will make a nice series to teach lessons on values to children.  Since it is a children's book, I felt it could be more appealing to younger children with more illustrations and fewer words per page.  Also I found several grammatical and typographical errors in this book which was distracting to me as a reader. 

Have a day of blessings!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It looks like a great book. It sounds like it might need editing.

Stopping from Kelly's Korner! I have an only too.