Saturday, July 23, 2011

3rd Thursday Thought


I wanted to join in with the Hearts at Home Third Thursday Thought, even though I'm a little late!  .  The question this month is:  How are you like your mom?  How are you different?

I am like my Mom in the following ways:
~ We both love working with children.  She is a school secretary and I taught school three years before Caleb was born.  When I was a child she always volunteered at my school and in my class.

~ We both are planners.  We like to know what's coming and make plans for things in advance.

~ We both love cookbooks and have a big collection of them!

~ We both like to eat hot fudge sundaes with chocolate chip ice cream.

~ She was a stay at home Mom until I started high school and I've been a stay at home Mom since our son was born.

I am different from my Mom in the following ways:
~ She is such a good cook.  I enjoy trying new recipes and cooking for my family, but cooking is not the therapy for me that it is for Mom.  (That's what she calls it for herself.)  She cooks for me and my family and prepares enough for an army!  We always tease her about the amount of food she fixes.

~ She is much more artistic and crafty than me.  She crochets and I don't.  I always ask her to write the letters on a poster board or to cut out letters for a bulletin board because I'm not good at that.

~ She seems to be natural at growing things in the yard.  It is relaxing to me to be outside watering the yard and flowers, but I don't seem to have a green thumb! 

Have a day of blessings!
 

No comments: