Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Thankful Thursday

This week I am thankful for:

~ my husband having a friend in one of his coworkers.  They were in the same town Tuesday for a conference and had dinner together and were able to talk about their job, concerns, plans, etc.  I know it is an encouragement to my husband to have this coworker who is a fellow Christian.  I've only met this man a couple of times but I know from my husband talking about him what an encouragement he is.  I'm thankful he has that!   

~ celebrating my boy's "pretend birthday" this week at school.  Since he has a summer birthday I asked the teacher if I could bring a treat for the class.  I did this last year when he was in kindergarten, and he asked if we could do it again this year. 

~ not being dizzy!  I'm SO thankful to not have the dizzy feeling when I'm rolling over in bed and turning to my side.  I went to an ENT on Tuesday to have my ears checked to see if we could determine a cause.  He sent me to an audiologist across the street who did some head/neck exercises with me on a table.  The ENT told me it sounds strange but it works.  He said what it is called "Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV)," which is what I had thought it was based on my online research. 

~ watching our garden grow!  We've picked squash already, and I saw tiny little cucumbers on the vine earlier this week. 

~  working on a special project for my husband for our 10th anniversary coming up in June.  I'm so excited about this and can't wait for him to see it!

Thank you for stopping by!  Later on Thursday I'll be sharing my "3rd Thursday Thought" with the Hearts at Home blog hop.

Have a day of blessings!
 

3 comments:

Renee said...

Thanks for sharing your blessings with us! Love the verse in your sidebar. Blessings!

jhunnelle said...

You have indeed a week full of blessings, wish having a garden too, i do love growing vegetables and flowers. Advance happy anniversary.

tammi said...

I totally have garden envy. So many of my bloggy friends are talking about being able to eat from their gardens already and up here on the Canadian prairie, we're just getting around to putting our plants and seeds in the ground!!

That's great that you husband has a fellow brother in Christ to talk to on the job. What a huge blessing that is! I so wish my husband had that.