Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Morning conversations

I never know what sort of conversations I will have with Caleb in the mornings as he eats breakfast and gets ready for school.  Some mornings he will be super talkative and animated.  Others he is more reserved and quiet.

Tuesday morning he started talking about his sister.  He knows that I had a miscarriage before he was born, and I've told him about the dream I had at that time about that baby being a girl.  Tuesday he asked when her birthday would be and how long babies grow in the Mom's tummy.  Then he started talking about heaven and the other people we know there.  He talked about how we will have new bodies there and there won't be sin. 

Another interesting thing he said was about sin.  He said God reaches down to earth and grabs up that sin and then throws it far far away.  It was a nice image to me.  I told him the verse that says God takes away our sins "as far as the east is from the west" (Psalm 103:12).

I enjoy our conversations and hope these continue as Caleb continues to grow up.   I've been  able to learn to see things from a child's perspective and through his thought process.  Especially about heaven.... something that we adults know some about but there are many questions we still have about it too. 
We've seen billboards around lately claiming that May 21 will be judgment day.  I've heard claims like this all of my life it seems.  I don't believe it because we can read in the Word in Matthew 24 that "about that day or hour no one knows."  I have seen several pose questions about this day and this man's claims.  I think it has made some people aware and reminded people that some day Jesus is coming back.  We don't know when, yet we do know we need to be ready at all times.  Are you ready for that?  Email me at preciousmoments2004 at gmail dot com if you aren't sure. 

Have a day of blessings!
 

3 comments:

Karen said...

Bethany, Thank you for sharing Caleb's wisdom this morning. When he was three, my first child, Carl, used to say, "Mom, let's talk to God." I know He's listening!

Karen said...

Bethany, This is a lovely post. Caleb has a lot of wisdom for his young age!

Joan Hall said...

Bethany, I too have heard claims abou the Lord's return all my life. No one knows the hour, but as you said, it's important to be ready at all times.

Visiting from Thankful Thursday

Blessings,
Joan