Thursday, May 19, 2011

3rd Thursday Thought


For this month's third Thursday thought for the Hearts at Home bloggers, the equestion is:
What is your favorite homemade dish? Share your recipe!   
I love trying new recipes so I look forward to the recipes shared on this blog hop today.  My Mom will often get me a new cookbook for Christmas.  I have a big collection now, taking after my Mom actually.  I have a bunch of the Taste of Home cookbooks, and they are probably my favorite.  I have gotten many of our favorite meals from these books. 

Here is one of our favorites.  It is called Biscuit Pizza Bake.  (I shared this back in August 2007 on the blog as well)

Biscuit Pizza Bake
1 lb. ground beef
2 tubes (12 oz. each) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
1 can (15 oz.) pizza sauce
1 c. chopped green pepper
1/2 c. chopped onion
1 can (4 oz.) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
1 pkg. (3 1/2 oz.) sliced pepperoni
1 c. (4 oz.) shredded mozzarella cheese
1 c. (4 oz.) shredded cheddar cheese

In a skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink. Meanwhile, quarter the biscuits; place in a greased shallow 3-qt. baking dish. Top with pizza sauce. Drain beef; sprinkle over biscuits and sauce. Layer with green pepper, onion, mushrooms, pepperoni, and cheeses. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 5-10 minutes before serving. Yield: 6--8 servings

From: Taste of Home's 2001 Quick Cooking Annual Recipes

I never put the mushrooms or pepperoni in ours. Also, I usually only use one tube of biscuits. That pretty much covers the bottom of the baking dish I use.  I like to make this the same week I make spaghetti. I cook extra meat and also have sauce leftover. I really like it when I can find ways to use up the food before it goes bad.  Hope you enjoy it!


Have a day of blessings!
 

No comments: