Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Thankful Thursday

I had to smile when I saw Iris's topic of "Music" for Thankful Thursday today. I was going to write about some music that blessed my heart this week.

This week I am thankful for...

~ my husband taking off (even though he is really super busy right now at work) to have a day with Caleb while I go to a continuing education class.

~ my sweet boy singing songs. He wanted to lead a song last Sunday night at church for the service led by the youth. Everyone said he did a great job. He picked "Lord I Lift Your Name on High." This week he's been singing "Mighty to Save." This morning he was singing it in the car. I turned up the radio and it was on.

~ seeing a beautiful sunset. Caleb called me to come quick and showed me the sunset. That made my heart smile!

~ having my washing machine back! I did 9 loads I think Friday evening and Saturday. I guess I'm a little goofy, it was so exciting to have it back again! I'd missed doing laundry and hanging the clothes on the line.

~ God's faithfulness and answers to prayers.

Join us today for Thankful Thursday at Grace Alone.

Have a day of blessings!

10 comments:

Melanie said...

I love it when my kids sing... especially the wonderful Christian songs. One of their favorites is "Oh, no you never let go.. you never let go of me!"

Happy Thankful Thursday, Bethany!

Anonymous said...

Precious Caleb! I can see why the Lord wants us to have the faith of a little child...

Denise said...

Such nice blessings.

Rocks said...

I love sunsets!!! happy Thankful Thursday!! have a great day!!

Debbie Petras said...

I thought I was crazy because I've always loved to do laundry. At least, now I know I'm not alone. :)

I hope one day you will video Caleb singing. It would be great to post on your blog. I for one, would love to hear his voice.

Love you,
Debbie

Sandy said...

Thank you for sharing this great thankful list! Yes, a washer is something you really miss when you don't have it!

Kristi said...

I don't know how are great, great grandmothers ever lived without washing machines! I'm so glad yours is back. Caleb's singing brought a smile to my face. I love both of those songs but especially Mighty to Save. "Saviour, He can move the mountains" oh yes He can!

Joshlin said...

Great list! A sunset is a beautiful gift from God! And I'm glad you got your washing machine back!!

Have a blessed day!

Loren said...

I just love your sweet heart! I know how it is to get excited about a washer! When I got a new one years and years ago my husband just laughed at me and said WOW Honey I never knew you liked to do laundry so much I would have done this a long time ago! ;)
Goofy? yep!!

Enjoy your class and have a blessed day my friend

i said...

What a lovely list of blessings!