Tuesday, February 2, 2010

"While I'm Waiting" by John Waller

I know I've posted this song before. Since it came to mind as I was reading about Joseph (more about that in another post, probably on Friday), I thought it would be a good one to share this week for my song of the week. I went and looked up the previous post I wrote when I posted this song and read it to see what I said then and if my thoughts were the same as they've been now. They aren't really so I'll add to what I said then. I'm glad I read it because I needed to read what I wrote back then.

Right now I feel like we are in the waiting stage. Waiting is so hard for me. I want to be patient, but at the same time I want to know what's ahead. I feel like God has been showing me lately though how He is with us and we just have to take one step at a time. I think I've mentioned before there are specific things we are praying about right now. We don't know what's going to happen. We don't know how long we'll be waiting. But as the song says we can be patient, bold, confident, obedient, faithful, and serving during this period of waiting. (and just an FYI for those of you who are guessing what we are waiting on....I'm not talking about waiting to have another baby right now!! It's big but not that!)

I hope this song encourages you today.




Have a day of blessings!

5 comments:

susansspace said...

I had not heard that song before, & it really spoke to my heart! I'm waiting, also, & am in the 'no news is good news' hopeful, trusting, prayerful stage at the moment.
I'll be praying that your waiting (whatever the situation happens to be) will have positive results, many blessings for you, & that God will be glorified!
Susan

Denise said...

I really like this song.

Loren said...

I wanted to come by and thank you for your visit to my blog and noticed we have soooo many of the same friends so I think we should be friends tooo :)
Nice to meet you and I will be following you and looking forward to knowing you!!!

LOVE this song!!! I have heard it on sooo many blogs this week!! :)

bless you

eph2810 said...

What a powerful song, Bethany. Yes, waiting can be very hard at times. But I have learned that patience also brings peace :)

Love & peace,
Iris

sister sheri said...

Love this song! Always a good reminder for us to remember when we are waiting we will still serve the Lord.