Thursday afternoon I received a surprise delivery. The UPS man pulled up. Caleb said, "I hope it's for me." And I said, "I hope it's for me." The delivery man got out and had in his hands a box from Proflowers. Inside were a dozen multi-colored roses. The card said there was one for each year I've been his Valentine. I was so excited. Soon after that my Valentine got home from work. He said he thought they were coming on Friday. It was so sweet and such a sweet surprise!
I've had my very special Valentine for 12 years. He asked me if I could believe it has been that long and really, I can't! On February 13, 1998 he gave me a card he had made and asked me to be his Valentine. I'm so glad I said yes. :)
So today I'm remembering. I'm remembering a dozen things that have happened in the past 12 years since I said yes.
1. Remember giving me a Valentine in the Bean during lunch. You must have been nervous! It had the poem in it about the value of a smile. It made me smile again to read it the other day.
2. Remember not being sure you'd be able to come back to ACU yet God made a way and you were there every year and finished your degree there. I was so proud of your hard work and determination through those years. It really was inspiring to see you work so diligently in pursuit of your dream.
3. Remember on December 2, 2000 when you surprised me with a marriage proposal (which I will say I was expecting at some time, yet not at that time!) What a great surprise! I loved it!
4. Remember when people asked us where we would live or how we would make it when we got married. We didn't know all the answers but found out God did!
5. Remember our perfect, beautiful wedding ceremony, those delicious chocolate covered strawberries at our reception, leaving without shoes on, and our wonderful honeymoon together (and getting sunburned!).
6. Remember when God provided my first teaching job for me in a district that was closing schools at the time and said they weren't hiring.
7. Remember the excitement we felt when we found out we were expecting our first child only to go through a miscarriage a few weeks later. You were such a rock for me of love and support during that painful time filled with questions, sadness, hurt, doubts, and fears.
8. Remember when God gave us good news (just when we needed it) of a new job for you, one for a position that you really specifically hadn't even applied.
9. Remember how we watched our home being built and we'd drive out most days to see the progress that was made. We have so many special memories here in this home.
10. Remember on that wonderful day in August when the doctor said "It's a boy!" Our lives have never been the same! Parenting has been an amazing learning process with you. You've supported me in countless ways, and I appreciate that more than words can say. Seeing you with our son brings me great joy as well. You are such a great daddy.
11. Remember how we helped each other through the painful times, including sicknesses and the deaths of our loved ones. Having each other to lean on helped so much. I know there will be other times of pain and sadness through the years, but I know we count on each other.
12. Remember, always remember that God has a plan, His timing is perfect, I am proud of you always, and you are the best.
It's wonderful to remember (and kind of hard to stop because I keep remembering more things) and be reminded of all the ways God has been there for us through every thing we've been through together. Thank you for so many wonderful memories. Happy Valentine's Day to my sweet wonderful amazing forever Valentine! I love you...
Have a day of blessings!