Sunday, November 1, 2009

Proverbs & Prayers Week #44

This week's verse is Proverbs 24:11, 12:--

"Rescue those being led away to death; hold back those staggering toward slaughter. If you say, 'But we knew nothing about this," does not he who weighs the heart perceive it? Does not he who guards your life know it? Will he not repay each person according to what he has done?"

This is a longer verse and really more of one to make you think. It's made me think anyway. When I was reading through Proverbs to choose the verses for this year, this verse made me think about those babies who lose their lives to abortions. It just really spoke to me that my voice does matter, and I should speak up to protect the lives of the innocent. This is just what it made me think of as I read it. You may think of others you need to help who are "being led away to death."

Do you have any prayer requests this week?

Please remember the following in prayer:

~ Orion's family. They plan to have a private ceremony this week on the one month anniversary of Orion's death where they will plant a tree and bury his ashes.

~ Jo, a lady at our church. She thought she had a kidney stone and at the hospital found out she has bone cancer.

Thank you for praying with me.

Have a day of blessings!

1 comment:

Denise said...

Praying over your requests.