Saturday, October 31, 2009

2009 Book #42: Snow Melts in Spring by Deborah Vogts


I have finished another book! It is called Snow Melts in Spring by Deborah Vogts and published by Zondervan. It is in the Seasons of Tallgrass series.

Main character Mattie Evans is a young veterinarian who is trying to save a horse named Dusty after he was badly injured in an accident. Dusty belongs to the quarterback of the 49ers Gil McCray. Mattie's close friend John McCray is Gil's father. Gil ends up back home at the ranch, exactly where he doesn't want to be, because of Dusty's injury and his father's failing health. He wants to return to California but there are issues at home that he realizes he needs to confront. Mattie is somewhat stuck in the middle of trying to help both Gil and his father.

One thing I appreciated about this story was the important role of a couple of the minor characters, Jack (a ranch hand) and Clara (Mattie's friend). This is a well-written story of love, renewal, and forgiveness.

This one was enjoyable from beginning to end. It made me think of my friend from elementary school, Kelli, because her family raised horses and always went to horse shows. I apologize that it took me a while to actually read it. I had several I've been reading and this one got pushed aside. I do recommend this book and look forward to more from this author.

Have a day of blessings!

2 comments:

Denise said...

Sounds really good.

Deborah Vogts said...

Thanks so much for posting this on your blog. I appreciate the help in promotion. ;)