Friday, October 30, 2009

My dream come true :)

Last night I told my hubby I was so excited for today because it is Caleb's pumpkin party at school. I told him it is like a dream come true for me. It might sound silly, but this is what I always dreamed of being able to do. This is the first party they have had, and I'm so thankful and happy I can be the room mother and be there and be part of it.

We had a fun time this morning. I loved walking down the hall and hearing the buzz of happy kids in their classrooms. It was fun to see Caleb in the school setting, sitting at his table doing what the teacher said, with his classmates.

We played "pin the nose on the pumpkin." My Mom reminded me we played this in my kindergarten party! There is a picture of me somewhere, I hope to find it to show Caleb. Then we passed out treats. One Mom made cupcakes. Caleb asked Gramma to make pumpkin cookies so he passed those out. Plus some others brought juice and candy. Then after eating the kids made little jack o' lanterns on little foam pumpkin shapes. They seemed to enjoy that. We took a class picture at the end.

I'm looking forward to a fun weekend with my boys! We're going to a football game tonight and tomorrow will be some fun activities with Caleb the clown. He makes the cutest little clown! (See my FB for pictures!) Hope you have a great weekend too and be safe!

Have a day of blessings!

6 comments:

Mocha with Linda said...

I remember being in your shoes in those early years of elementary. It's such fun. Enjoy every minute!

Denise said...

Enjoy your weekend sweetie, love you.

Denise said...

Enjoy your weekend sweetie, love you.

Debbie Petras said...

I love to read about your adventures in mommy land. You are such a good mom to Caleb and I love how you love being a mom.

Love you Bethany,
Debbie

susansspace said...

I'll bet Caleb did make a really cute clown! Hope you three had a fun-filled weekend!
Blessings,
Susan

Amanda said...

So happy to hear that is was a wonderful experience for you... I am sure Caleb was so happy to have you there!!

God bless-
Amanda