Tuesday, November 3, 2009

As long as it is called Today: Christian women/men (November)


Welcome to "As long as it is called Today" as we encourage one another. I hope you will join me each week on Tuesdays as we encourage each other in our daily lives as Christians, spouses, parents, and home keepers.

Here is the link from last week's question.

Today's question: Share a favorite verse on thankfulness.

My answer: There are so many but here is one: 2 Corinthians 9:15--"Thanks be to God for his indescribable gift!"

Hope you'll share a verse and encourage us today! Have a day of blessings!

5 comments:

Denise said...

I love you dear friend.

susansspace said...

The verse you chose would've been the first to come to mind for me,
as well, but here's another:

But thanks be to God, who always leads us in triunphal procession in Christ and through us spreads everywhere the fragrance of the knowledge of Him. 2 Cor. 2:14.

I also love the 100th Psalm, a beautiful hymn of Thanksgiving!

AManda said...

23:30 They were also to stand every morning to thank and praise the LORD.
They were to do the same in the evening

I think this is chronicles...I cant remember!! Great to get us into the Word Bethany!!

Blessings-
Amanda

Karen said...

As you already mentioned, there are so many great verses on thankfulness! I love the verse mentioned in the previous comment - 2 Corinthians 2:14. Here it is in the NASB:

"But thanks be to God, who always leads us in triumph in Christ, and manifests through us the sweet aroma of the knowledge of Him in every place."

Hope you have a wonderful week!
Karen

Karla Cook @ Roads to Everywhere said...

That's a great idea! I'll have to keep this in mind to share on future Tuesdays.