Wednesday, November 4, 2009

SCC's new release

Steven Curtis Chapman's new album "Beauty Will Rise" was released on Tuesday, November 3. I'd heard one of the songs ("Heaven Is the Face") previously on the Internet and was looking forward to hearing the rest.

As I expected, this is another wonderful album from SCC. These songs are clearly written from the heart of a Daddy's struggle after losing his little girl. Most of you probably know their daughter, Maria, was killed in a tragic accident May 21, 2008.

I've seen SCC in concert twice since then. I clearly remember one thing he said as he spoke about that day. At the time of the accident he wasn't sure he'd ever be able to sing again. He had to ask himself if he really believes the words to the songs he's been writing and singing all these years. He came to the conclusion that yes, he does believe and they aren't just words to him. In the songs in this album he clearly has questions but you can also see his hope and his faith that he will see Maria again.

I feel like these new songs will bless many who are walking through their own difficulties. The questions and doubts are real but the faith is God is real too. At this time I can't really choose a "favorite" song to share from the album. The lyrics of several of them touched my heart. I will share these in future posts though.

Have a day of blessings!

3 comments:

Mocha with Linda said...

I'm planning to pick up a couple of these today. one for me and one for a friend who lost a daughter several years ago.

Musings of A Minister said...

Thanks for this good review. Your reviews are uplifting and encouraging. I need to get this new album.

Denise said...

I love him so much.