Monday, September 28, 2009

Book review: How God Makes Babies by Jim Burns



How God Makes Babies (for 6-9 year olds) is another book in the Pure Foundations series. You can read my review on God Made Your Body for 3-5 year olds in the previous post.

This book is similar to God Made Your Body but written with a little more detail for older children. It goes into detail about babies from conception through birth.

I enjoyed the photographs in this book as well. One part I liked was the discussion about “private parts” and the importance of not letting anyone touch those parts except for a doctor checkup or parents helping in a bath.

As in the other book, I felt all the wording/phrases weren’t completely appropriate to share with those in the 6-9 year old age range. I’ve not had a child those ages yet but from my experiences as a teacher it seems like a pretty big age spread.

This is another book where I will let you decide for yourself if this is appropriate for your family and your children.

Have a day of blessings!

6 comments:

Debra Kaye said...

Sounds interesting....I will mention it to my sister.

Big hugs to you!

Denise said...

Thanks for the review.

Amanda said...

Great review Bethany... would you let a 4 year old read it... or do you think thats just way to young??

Blessings to you-
Amanda

eph2810 said...

Wow - they start really young on this...I would have maybe thought around 10-12...but then again, maybe not in today's day and age. That shows you how far removed I am from rearing children :) ...

Blessings to you and yours...

Anonymous said...

Wondered if you have read the book How Babies Are Made by Andry and Schepp thru Time life Books. It's for 4-8 year olds and the best! Would be interested in your review.

bp said...

I have not read How Babies Are Made. Thanks for leaving the title!