Monday, August 31, 2009

Marriage Monday: Girl Talk

1st Monday Every Month at Chrysalis
Want this button?


It's time for Marriage Monday, which is a monthly meme hosted by e-Mom at Chrysalis. To avoid vacation conflicts, we’re meeting the week before Labor Day (which is today!). Our topic is "Girl Talk: Mothers & Daughters Talk About Love."
When I saw the topic for today, a story came to my mind about my Mom. Before I started dating my husband, on weekends we would play cards in the dorm lobby with a big group of friends. One weekend in February my parents and cousin were visiting, and they joined us for our card games. My Mom had a little calendar that she wrote in each day. It had a question/memory for her to fill in each day. On that particular day she wrote that she had a special feeling about J and the sweet way he treated me. This has always been special to me because it was just one of those things my Mom just knew, and she was right. We went on a walk together around campus the next time and a couple weeks later he asked me on a date. :)

15 comments:

Denise said...

Such a sweet post.

Marsha said...

This is so true! We mom's do have a sixth sense about us when it comes to our adult children's future mates. That's why I was totally fine with Adam's engagement breaking off because I did not have that sense about her. I like her because Adam did.

That's a neat calendar your mom had. I've never seen one like that.

Kristi said...

Oh, I just love this story. Thank you for sharing it with all of us!

Momma : ) said...

YES! I remember sensing something very special about the way he looked at you!! And I must add, that according to the "Mother's list of traits that a possible son-in-love should have", he exceeds them ALL!
You are both such amazing blessings!

COUNTRY MOM said...

I really enjoyed this post. Mothers know these things. You have an amazing Momma and she raised an amazing Daughter. Hope you have a great week. Many Blessings,

Tami said...

Wow. Pretty neat. And I bet you all enjoy each other a lot now.

Anonymous said...

Isn't that wonderful! Moms know best--at least some of the time. :~D I'm sure she's been supportive of you and your DH throughout your marriage.

Thanks for joining us for Marriage Monday today, Faith. (((Hugs)))

Anonymous said...

Hi again BP... So sorry, I meant to call you BP (not Faith) in my previous comment. Bless you dear one!

Joanne@ Blessed... said...

come by my place tomorrow. You are one of my Blessed...blogs of the month. :O)

Debra Kaye said...

Bethany,

This is so precious! I love it when Mom's pick up right away on special moments!! And I love it that she wrote it down! I just love to journal.

Blessings and big hugs to you, my friend.

susansspace said...

What a sweet post, & also such dear comments from your Mom! I think you both must be very special people!
Blessings, Susan

eph2810 said...

Moms do know :) - How sweet that your mom journaled about this particular meeting with your now husband :) TFS.

Constance said...

Sometimes Moms just know! In our home, the girls have asked their dad what they think about a guy that they were dating after he had met them. They knew that Dave whether it is b/c he has the gift of discernment or used to be a cop, probably both, is a VERY good judge of character! If Dad didn't have a good feeling about them, there wasn't a 2nd date!
Connie

Amanda said...

Thats so sweet!!! You have a wise mamma...

BLessings-
Amanda

Unknown said...

Wow, BP,

What a precious, prescious thing. I would want that book if I were you if she still has it.

Neat, neat story. Hugs.