Monday, August 17, 2009

2009 Book #34: BE Hopeful by Warren W. Wiersbe

Dr. Warren W. Wiersbe has written the “BE” series of study guides and a new revision is available from David C Cook publishers. I finished BE Hopeful, which is a study of the book of I Peter. The author breaks down the book of I Peter into sections that he discusses in depth. This study guide has 12 chapters. Each chapter is followed by a list of study questions. It is easy to see the relevance of I Peter to us today, and this is a valuable study to do because of the encouragement one can receive because of the hope we have, even in suffering.

This was a very enjoyable study for me, and I feel like I really learned a lot from reading it. I appreciated the questions at the end of the chapters to remind me what I’d read. I’d be interested to read others in the “BE” series.

I will close with one verse that particularly stuck out to me as I was reading.

"For you know that it was not with perishable things such as silver or gold that you were redeemed from the empty way of life handed down to you from your forefathers, but with the precious blood of Christ, a lamb without blemish or defect." I Peter 1:18, 19