Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Thankful Thursday: Freedom


It is a blessing to live in America. This is a blessing we often take for granted. I'm thankful for the freedoms we have here in our country, like being able to worship the Lord. I'm thankful for days like Independence Day to remember and celebrate. I'm thankful for the men and women who have served and those who continue to serve our country with such courage and bravery, as well as their families who are back home waiting for their safe return. We need to be thankful for the freedoms we have and not forget all the Lord has blessed us with, even in the midst of hard times we've faced recently.
Also, we have freedom through Christ for which I'm thankful. We are no longer held captive because He makes us free!
Other things I've been thankful for this week have been:
~ my sweet husband. He always helps clean up the table after supper while I do the dishes. I love this and am thankful he is helpful.
~ the cute things I hear my son say. We were driving into town. I told him it looked like those clouds had some rain and we should pray and ask God to send us some more rain. A little bit later it started raining. He said I guess He heard our voices. :)
~ rain. It was such a blessing to wake up to the dark morning and hear the sound of rain outside.
~ getting to eat Chinese food. Since my hubby doesn't care for it, I was excited to be able to go out to eat Chinese with my sweet friend. It was delicious and I'm thankful for her friendship too.
~ being able to go to the library.
God bless America! Have a safe, happy holiday weekend!
~~~~~~~~~~~
"I will always obey your law,
for ever and ever.

I will walk about in freedom,
for I have sought out your precepts." Psalm 119:44, 45

20 comments:

Pia said...

thanking God for freedom and the blessings He bestowed upon you and your precious family. i'm thanking God along with you. God bless you more.

Karen said...

Both yesterday and today the sky was very overcast in our area. But we didn't get any rain. It has been much cooler though which I am extremely thankful for!

Hope You Have a Great Thursday!
Karen

Denise said...

Such a nice thankful post.

Sweet Blessings said...

I loved your list of things to be thankful for. Your sons thoughts were sweet and the Chinese food-well simple pleasures are great! Blessings to you! Amanda:)

Rita T. said...

I really enjoy the library these days too. Have a great week!

Grammy said...

That was a wonderful post. My grandson told me when he was maybe 3 that god was up there in the clouds. I asked him how he knew that. He just say some how I know. I thought that was great. I am so glad you got the rain you asked for. We have had plenty to share. Happy TT.

Rocks said...

Have a nice weekend too!!

It is indeed a blessing to live there in your place. People from other countries (like mine) are doing a lot of sacrifices just to be able to live there.

God bless you!!

Lauren said...

Great list!! So thankful for freedom in Christ!!!

JLaine said...

thanks for sharing your thankful list..

Lalaine's World
From Asia and Beyond
Day to Day Miracles
Trying to be Fit
Not a Shopaholic

Genny said...

Stopping by from Amanda's blog, and feeling especially thankful after reading your post. A great reminder of everything we all have to be grateful for!

Jerralea said...

Great post! Thanks for reminding us the price that is being paid for our freedom by our military. We couldn't have freedom if not for them.

Musings of A Minister said...

I rarely list the things I'm thankful for but I am always encouraged to read yours. You make me feel good.....I wish I hadn't seen that berry pie. Oh my!

Melanie said...

Ooh.. rain.. that sounds so wonderful! It would feel so wonderful on one of these hot 100 degree days we're having here in Texas. :)

Happy Thankful Thursday!

Amanda said...

I do love how you take the time to be thankful and to give thanks!!

Blessings to you dear sister in Christ!

God bless-
Amanda

LisaShaw said...

Praise the LORD for FREEDOM! Blessings to you dear one. Loved your message.

Angela said...

We just celebrated Canada Day yesterday. Blessing to you and yours this coming weekend.

susansspace said...

Beautiful post, Bethany! Hope you have a safe and happy Fourth!

Daisy said...

This is a beautiful post! Indeed we must all be thankful for the freedom that we have...

I also joined this week's meme so hope you come by and visit

;-)
~Daisy
http://inlovewithdaisies.blogspot.com/

Debra Kaye said...

Bethany,

I love the Psalm you left us with to meditate upon. And loved your tribute to our freedom. I, too, posted about it today.

We are a blessed people. I love you, my sister and hope you have a blessed and safe holiday.

Unknown said...

BP

I am getting around to the TT posts today, this day following the Independence Day Holiday.

I just wanted to squeeze your little man... adorable!

Great post thank you for adding to our thankful praises. See you Thursday, hugs, Lynn