Saturday, April 4, 2009

Song: Voice of a Savior

What a privilege to hear Mandisa sing and share her heart at the Women of Faith conference! I was not familiar with many of her songs. This is one she sang Saturday afternoon that blessed me and I wanted to share on my blog. You can watch the clip or read the lyrics here.


Every person has the same basic needs. We all want to be accepted and loved. If you don't have that, you feel like something is missing in your life. Where are you looking to have your needs met? When you look to people or money or power or things to meet those needs, you are going to continue to be empty, searching, and longing for more. I've heard it said that everyone has a God-shaped hole in their hearts. I've heard of people doing some interesting things trying to fill that hole, fill that void. But nothing works. It isn't things or money or relationships or power that will fill that hole. None of those things will save you. Seek the Lord and let His love fill all your holes. Let Him be your Savior.



Visit here to join others for Spiritual Sundays. Have a wonderful weekend!
~~~~~~~~~
"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. " Matthew 11:28

18 comments:

Marsha said...

I absolutely love Mandisa! And her new CD is full of giving God the glory. Amen to your words.

Have a blessed weekend.

Kristi said...

I love Mandisa too! I can hardly wait to receive her newest cd. Wow! God has blessed her with an amazing gift. Thank you so much for your prayers today! Blessings to you!

Debbie Petras said...

Oh Bethany, I love this song and video. How true the words are! People are always looking to fill that void and the only One who can fill it is ...Jesus, our Savior. Thanks for sharing this one. I love Mandisa, her music and her story.

Musings of A Minister said...

What a great song. The words present a great message. YOUR words are needed and timely. I can almost feel your concern for others. This is the kind of message that will reach the heart of those who are seeking.

seesawfaith said...

I just love this song. Thanks so much for posting it.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing this wonderful song with us. It is so true that nothing can fill the void in our heart except Jesus. this is a great message.
Blessings,
Charlotte

God Chaser said...

this is the first time I have heard her sing. thanks for sharing.

Seeking to hear the voice of My Savior.

Blessings, willnette

Alleluiabelle said...

What a wonderful, meaningful, soul-filled song. I loved it. Thank you for posting it, especially after the day that I had.

Blessings,
Alleluiabelle

Sue said...

Thank you for sharing this , This is my first time hearing Mandisa sing so anointed!!
Blessings,
Sue

The Quintessential Magpie said...

I enjoyed reading what you said and hearing the song. It's true... God is the thing for which all hearts long! And I thank Him that by His grace I have come to know Him as my Lord and Savior and that He fills that longing with His endless love!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Denise said...

I love to hear her sing.

Kathy said...

What a beautiful message!
Have a glorious Palm Sunday...Kathy

SmilingSally said...

I love Mandisa too, but this link is not playing! Thanks for sharing. Happy Spiritual Sunday

SmilingSally said...

The sound is fine now that I've fixed my computer. lol

Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage said...

Beautiful song! I have never heard her before. I will be going to the Women of Faith in Sep. I hope she is there.
Blessings,
Ginger

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Great song! Great message! Thanks for sharing and enjoy your Sunday.

Blessings,
Sandi

Saleslady371 said...

Thank you for sharing this powerful video and Mandisa's beautiful voice. What a powerful message!

Ms.Daisy said...

What a beautiful song and powerful message. Thank you for sharing this with us on Spiritual Sunday.


~Jean