Saturday, March 21, 2009

Song: I Will Rise

One day I was driving home to meet my husband to go see Mammaw. This song "I Will Rise" by Chris Tomlin came on KLOVE. I realized it was also on my ipod. It really blessed and comforted me to hear and fit Mammaw's situation so well. I was thankful to have this song as well as others that blessed us so much during this time.



Praise God that the victory is won!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
11Then I looked and heard the voice of many angels, numbering thousands upon thousands, and ten thousand times ten thousand. They encircled the throne and the living creatures and the elders. 12In a loud voice they sang:
"Worthy is the Lamb, who was slain,
to receive power and wealth and wisdom and strength
and honor and glory and praise!"
13Then I heard every creature in heaven and on earth and under the earth and on the sea, and all that is in them, singing:
"To him who sits on the throne and to the Lamb
be praise and honor and glory and power,
for ever and ever!" Revelation 5:11-13

16 comments:

Denise said...

So beautiful.

Debbie Petras said...

I love Chris Tomlin but had never heard this song. It was wonderful and yes, it's perfect with all you've been through lately. Hugs to you Bethany.

Anonymous said...

I also like that song... great Scripture here Bethany!

many blessings-
Amanda

Kristi said...

Oh, there is much rejoicing in knowing she is with her Savior. I remember when my precious Granny went home to Glory, I was so thrilled for her, she could pray like no other, but it was so bittersweet too. It has been 18 years now and I still have moments where I want to pick up the phone and tell her something about my day. She left an amazing legacy of faith and it sounds like your Mammaw did too. I am praying for you today dear friend.

sister sheri said...

BP - I love your grateful heart! What an inspiration to us all to be more grateful! And we have so much to be grateful for!

Charlotte said...

What wonderful assurance.
We would love to have you share this post with us on Spiritual Sundays. You can go to the Spiritual Sundays blog at this url.
http://bloggerspirit.blogspot.com/
Blessings,
Charlotte

Musings of A Minister said...

Inspirational!!! Great song. Chris is one of my favorites. I have one of his songs on my play list. Great Scriptures. Great testimony to your faith. I can't tell you how happy it made me to see your post on Spiritual Sundays. You will bless a lot of people. I hope you will think about posting something each week. You have so much to offer.

Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage said...

This song is so pretty! I have never heard it before. Thank-you for sharing it with Spiritual Sunday.
Blessings,
Ginger

Debra Kaye said...

Bethany,

What a precious song and Chris does it so perfectly! I'm so glad it gave you comfort and may it continue to do so.

Bless your sweet heart, my precious friend.

Julie said...

What a blessing this song is...I just closed my eyes and listened...made me cry!!! I can't wait to share it with my husband...!

Marsha said...

It's one of my favorites, if not THE favorite, on this CD. What a blessing it ministered to you in such a special way.

Have a blessed Sunday.

Kathy said...

What a great song - love Chris Tomlin!
Kathy

SmilingSally said...

Chris Tomlin is an amazing artist; I hadn't heard this song. Of course, I appreciate you sharing it. I love it.

Saleslady371 said...

Thank you for your inspirational post. I enjoyed the song also and am grateful for the comfort it brings you at this time.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for your encouraging comment! I love to listen to KLOVE also and was so thrilled when Lisa Williams joined the team. I use to listen to her when we both lived in Florida.

I really like your "Think about this" quote. It speaks such truth.

Ms.Daisy said...

My Grandmom died over 20 years ago and there are still times when I miss her so much! God Bless you and keep you always in His tender care.


Blessings,
Jean