Friday, March 20, 2009

Odds and ends...

I wanted to do an update on some various things from the recent past.


First, I have decided to move "As long as it is called Today" to a different day. I have wanted to change the day and now seems a good time since I've missed the past few weeks. I'll pick back up with the questions this coming Tuesday so stay tuned for that.

Next, I told you in my posts last week about Caleb's "preciousness" during our time at the hospital as we were saying good bye to Mammaw.

During one of our times in the waiting room we'd gotten word that Mammaw was worse. I told Caleb that we didn't know if Mammaw was going to be with us much longer and that God might think it's time to take her to Heaven. He thought a minute and asked if they'd have to take her body outside. I said no, God will just take her. He said maybe the angels will take her.

We talked freely with him about her going to Heaven. I told her she wouldn't be sick anymore and could run and play now. I tried to explain to him that we would bury her body but she got a new body in Heaven so she doesn't need the old one anymore.

He talks about Heaven and I can tell he's been pondering it. He told his grandfather in the waiting room that Mammaw was going to Heaven soon and he does have a real sister in Heaven and Mommy's dad (he meant grandpa Peepaw) went to Heaven already. It was all very sweet to hear him talk about.

We were gathered one night with the family to eat and Caleb said the prayer. It was just beautiful. He said help us Lord. You know we are sad because Mammaw went to Heaven. Then after the funeral we gathered at Mammw's house to eat again. He prayed then too. His boldness always surprises me. Sometimes at bedtime he says he doesn't want to pray but both of these times he just let out these beautiful heartfelt prayers. It was so touching to hear him.

Today is the first day of spring! This time of year is always exciting to me. It has been beautiful here all week. We plan to do something as a family. It has been nice getting back into the routine at home this week. Caleb and I are having a lazy day at home today after finishing up some chores Thursday.

Have a great weekend!
~~~~~~~~~

"And God said, 'Let there be lights in the expanse of the sky to separate the day from the night, and let them serve as signs to mark seasons and days and years, and let them be lights in the expanse of the sky to give light on the earth.' And it was so." Genesis 1:14, 15

11 comments:

Debbie Petras said...

How precious your little Caleb is, Bethany. You're teaching him well in the ways of God.

Denise said...

Caleb is so sweet, bless him.

Debra Kaye said...

Bethany,

A child praying is one of the utter delights of my soul. So glad it is a balm to you.

Blessings today, sweet sister!

HEATHER said...

Bethany,
I love hearing stories about Caleb he is such a tender hearted boy. Have a Blessed Weekend my Friend!!!!
Heather

Kristi said...

Oh, his precious prayers are incredible. Way to go mom! Keep up the good work.

susansspace said...

I too, love reading about your sweet boy! These formative years are so important, & it's wonderful that you are instilling such lasting values and impressions in his life!
Bless you, Bethany!
S.

Marsha said...

what precious prayers Caleb said!

Ruthie said...

What a sweet post. This is a wonderful life lesson for your precious son. What a blessing that he has Christian parents to guide him.
Smiles.

Amanda said...

I wonder if Caleb will grow up to be a Pastor? Or just someone who leads people to Christ with his faithful obedience? You have such a gift in that child of yours...well done mommy and daddy!

Many blessigns to you-
Amanda

Anonymous said...

I loved seeing the little ones in our lives stepping up and praying their hearts. You just can't get any purer than that. Thank you for sharing this post.
Jennifer

Anonymous said...

It was such a blessing to hear our little man pray that day at the house after Mammaw's funeral. The boldness, as well as the depth of what he was saying made this "Gramma" cry!