Saturday, December 13, 2008

Weekend

I hope you're having a nice weekend. I love, love, love this Christmas season! It is such fun for me to find gifts for certain people. I'm so excited to see them open their gifts too!

We are having a weekend at home. Friday night we had a nice evening eating supper at one of our favorite places and walking around the mall a bit. We dropped off some toys at the Toys for Tots drop off. Caleb bought a couple things last weekend but the guy was gone when we came out of the store. I heard on the news they'd be there this weekend so he got to drop them off and shake their hands. I also got a couple more things for my hubby. I've had a hard time figuring out what to get him this year. I finally figured it out though and am happy with what I decided!

Today we went back for a little more shopping. The wind is really blowing here today. It ripped the lights off our house. My husband said there is a very strong fire danger with the drought we're having added to the windy conditions. He came inside and smells like smoke, he sees fire somewhere in the distance.

We're having our first Christmas get together tomorrow afternoon with my husband's family. Have a good weekend. Thanks for visiting! I am thankful for my blog friends and how I have gotten to know so many nice people lately.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though he was rich, yet for our sakes he became poor, so that you though his poverty might become rich." 2 Corinthians 8:9

7 comments:

Christy said...

Sounds like you're having a good weekend! Praying over the drought issue in your area.

God Bless

Debra Kaye said...

Bethany,

I pray you have a blessed time with your husband's family. I am so blessed to hear you are having such a great time this wonderful time of year!

Blessings to you!

Melissa B. said...

Hey there, you Superior Scribbler, you! Just checking in with the winners, to see what's going on at your place. Also, I'd like to tell you 2 important things. First, please don't miss my Silly Sunday Sweepstakes tomorrow...you can contribute to the legend of the Superior Scribbler by helping us out! Also, I've been nominated for a pretty neat education blog award. You can vote for me, the Original Superior Scribbler, by visiting my place and clicking on the EduBlog icon. Thanks so much, and hope you visit soon!

Denise said...

I am so glad you are enjoying your weekend, love you my friend.

susansspace said...

I love this time of the year, too!
Hope the rest of your weekend is terrific!
S: )

Unknown said...

Lovely blog site. I love the memory verses. I have mine on my chalk board in my kitchen. I change it every Sunday. Oh Lord, impress on my heart your word for me this week.

Sarah said...

I love this time of year too. Wish we had more rain though. I'm getting excited about going to CA.