Friday, December 12, 2008

Friday Favorites: Christmas #2






"Joy to the World" is another of my Christmas favorites. I love this version that I've added today by Casting Crowns. It's on their Peace on Earth album.


Our world is in need of some major joy! To often we base our feelings on our circumstances. The joy of the Lord isn't like that though. He gives a joy that is unlike anything else you may feel. It isn't based on what's going on in your world. If you look at the condition of the world there is not much to be found that would cause us to be joyful. However, when we have the joy of Jesus we know those "things" don't matter. Joy is more than just being happy. As Christians we should be joyous people. So many people go around looking gloomy. We should be full of joy to overflowing and that should flow to those around us.

Are you sharing your joy with others this Christmas season?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"But the angel said to them, 'Do not be afraid. I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people.' " Luke 2:10

14 comments:

Melanie said...

This is definitely my favorite Christmas song! How can we not experience joy during this season with such a wondrous gift from God?!

Have a blessed weekend!

susansspace said...

So true! If the joy of Jesus is in our heart, it can't help but be reflected in all we say & do!
Have a 'Joyful' weekend!
Susan

Denise said...

You have such a lovely heart.

Anonymous said...

WONDERFUL thoughts BP! And you couldn't be more right! I love these profound and comforting thoughts and how they make me smile and love Jesus all the more...

thank you!

Many blessings-
Amanda

Debra Kaye said...

Bethany,

Love this Casting Crowns song. And I love the joy that our Jesus brings. Hugs to you today!

Musings of A Minister said...

This is a great post. I would like for it to be on Spiritual Sundays so many others can see it. You can post it anytime today or tomorrow. It's easy to do and it will bless a lot of people. However, you might want to post something else and that would be good also. Have a great day.

Anonymous said...

Joy to the world. What a great song. What a great reality. I love the word "joy". It sounds so joyful. I'm glad you chose to follow Clif's advice and share this with us on Spiritual Sundays.

Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage said...

I work in the public and I can sure tell you has the Lord in their life and who doesn't.
Thank-you so much for sharing this on Spiritual Sundays
God Bless,
Ginger

God Chaser said...

Thanks for sharing-may you have a joyful SS

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for reminding me to walk in the JOY of my LORD, he is my strength. Today I was experiencing the blahs, after reading and listen to Casting Crowns sing "Joy to the World" the blahs are gone. Thank you Jesus!
Blessings-

SmilingSally said...

Our world should be joyful, no matter what is going on in the world around us because we have Christ. Happy Spiritual Sunday!

Kathi~Lavender, Lace and Thyme said...

Your post is so true, and I am sometimes guilty! I will think of your words as I smile and show His joy this week!

Christmas Blessings,
Kathi :)

michelle said...

Amen!

Being Mrs Miles said...

So very true, Sister!

If we give our love totally over to Jesus, know that He is completely in control, how can we NOT be filled with joy? I know, though that sometimes this joy is a quiet peaceful kind, rather than the jumping up and down sort.

Thanks for sharing.