Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Thankful Thursday

It has been a busy week of activities. I love this time of year and feel so thankful that I'm not feeling overwhelmed with what needs to be done. I'm enjoying the activities and projects we have done so far and the memories we've made along the way.

This week I am thankful for . . .

*hearing a smile in my husband's voice when I called him one day at work. After I said hello I could hear his voice change from how he sounded when he first said hello to when he knew it was me. It touched me that day!

*seeing a boy's excitement with his tour of the fire station. We took some snacks by for the fire fighters. The fire chief took us back to deliver them but since they were eating, the chief gave us a tour. He probably spent 15-20 minutes with Caleb, letting him sit in the trucks and telling him about the equipment. I thought it was very kind of the fire chief.


*having fun with Christmas activities like decorating the house, making a gingerbread house, and wrapping presents.

*my new ironing board! I'm excited to use it for my ironing day Thursday!

*getting Christmas cards in the mail.

What are you thankful for today? Take a moment to think about your blessings and even a moment to write them down. It is fun to have a thankful journal. Join TT by clicking the link in the sidebar. Thank you to Iris for hosting this wonderful event each week.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
3 Know that the LORD is God.
It is he who made us, and we are his;
we are his people, the sheep of his pasture.

4 Enter his gates with thanksgiving
and his courts with praise;
give thanks to him and praise his name. Psalm 100:3, 4

13 comments:

Denise said...

Such a beautiful thankful list dear.

Charlotte said...

Love your thankful list. Your blog looks so Christmasy. It's very very pretty.
Charlotte

Unknown said...

Hi BP,

Loved reading your list and I can just feel the delight in your heart. Neat firehouse adventure.

Girl... I am thankful for you. Have a blessed TT.

i said...

What a lovely thankful list! It's really nice not to be overwhelmed with the hecticness of this time of the year!

Anonymous said...

Oh that is a very sweet post.

My Thankful Thursday entry is posted here. Please drop by if you have the time.

Melanie said...

I love trips to the fire station with my son... always so fun to watch his excitement!

Happy Thankful Thursday!

Debra Kaye said...

Bethany,

Love your thankful heart. Praising the Lord with you today and always! Happy TT.

Hugs to you!

Laurie Ann said...

I love your list and your thankful heart! Thanks for these Scriptures, too! Happy Thankful Thursday!

Darlene said...

What a great list of thanks!! My nephew is a fireman. They love for children to drop by and show them around. Glad your had such a wonderful visit!
Have a fabulous day!
Darlene

Femin Susan said...

Hi,
Your blog is really interesting... Good Luck... You are welcomed to my blog…….
Wishing you in advance "A Merry X'Mas and A Happy New Year''

Anonymous said...

bp, you put a smile on my face when i read about your hubby's smile in his voice. i like that. it really makes ones heart smile. God bless you, bp.

sister sheri said...

I'm thankful we're friends on facebook!

Marsha said...

I couldn't let the evening go by without coming over and reading your TT. I always love to read about what's going on with Caleb. So neat that the fire chief was such a nice man.

Have a blessed weekend.