Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Poem

I have read this poem before but received it in an email and wanted to share it. It's called When You Thought I Wasn't Looking. Take a minute to read it.


This is an excellent reminder of our influence in the lives of our children and those around us. As I was reading I thought about how it isn't just our own children we are touching. We are touching others too, like those in the grocery store, our neighborhood, or our classrooms. Sometimes we get tired of doing the same things day in, day out. I know I do some days. I like a little variety and something that I can anticipate and look forward to. I like this poem because it reminds me that all those little things do matter. Little eyes are watching and learning. We may not see the results of our labor but one day we will. Our Heavenly Father is watching also. No one else may know what we do in a day but He does and it matters to Him. This encourages me to keep on!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"In the morning, O LORD, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation." Psalm 5:3

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing the poem. I needed that this morning. Since school has started back, I have been exhausted & have complained of some of those little things. I needed to be reminded that little eyes are always watching & that we are teaching them something whether it is good or bad.

Blessings

Beverly

Anonymous said...

Yeah...this muct have been a God thing for me! I have been so caught up in me lately.. how I am just barely hanging on here... I forgot this very important lesson.

I need to do things a bit different around here...ASAP!

Many blessings toyou , and thankyou so much for sharing this today.
Amanda

Debra Kaye said...

Oh Bethany,

What a timely reminder. Thank you so much for posting this.

Blessings to you today, sweet sister.

Anonymous said...

What a great poem. It is so true. We don't know how many lives we touch every day. The best thing is that God is watching. Thanks for this inspirational post.
Blessings,
Charlotte