Friday, May 9, 2008

Friday Favorites: Songs of Encouragement #2

Good morning! Are you ready for the weekend? I am!


This week for my Friday Favorite I have chosen a song called "Peace Be Still" by the group Rush of Fools. Here are the lyrics.

My husband and I both enjoy this group's music. I fell in love with this song when I heard it on the CD. I remember driving to a doctor appointment one day to meet my husband. He was going to have his moles checked; there were some that concerned us. I remember my heart pounding in my chest with nerves of what the doctor would say. I had this song playing as I drove over to the doctor's office, and it calmed my heart.

The words "Peace be still" come from the story in Mark 4:35-41 when Jesus was on the lake with the disciples and calmed the storm. After He calmed the storm, He asked them in verse 40: "Why are you so afraid? Do you still have no faith?" I wonder if He would say the same thing to me. Don't I know He can calm the storm and haven't I seen Him do it before? Where is my faith?
I hope you are encouraged by this song. I enjoy listening to it playing in the background.

Have a blessed weekend!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"He got up, rebuked the wind and said to the waves, 'Quiet! Be still!' Then the wind died down and it was completely calm." Mark 4:39

No comments: