Saturday, May 10, 2008

Caleb stories

I had a couple of Caleb stories that I've been meaning to share this week.

The other day he saw me put the pictures on here of the books we'd been reading this week. He decided he wanted to put some pictures on his blog. I let him use the camera around the house. It was interesting to see things from his eyes. Then he wanted me to put the pictures on his blog. I loaded them on the computer, and we picked out which ones to include. So if you haven't been to his blog lately you can see some new pictures taken by him there! (It is invite only so if you don't have the invite and want it let me know.)

Wednesday morning we went to Dollar General to pick up a few things. I took Caleb over to the toy aisle as we were finishing up. A package of cones caught my eye, and I asked him if he'd like to have the cones. He always wants to move around the big cone at the food pantry, but I always tell him it is dirty and would just be in the way. He got so excited when I handed him the pack of cones. I said I think they'd be fun to use to ride around on your trike. He told me he thought they'd be good to use for construction! (Of course, what was I thinking!!) As we finished up our shopping he kept talking about the cones. He told me he had always wanted cones (kinda like telling Gramma he'd always, always wanted the kite she gave him) and that it just made him so happy he could just cry. This made me say awwwww because I say that whenever he does something cute or sweet for me! And to think that this little pack of dollar cones touched his heart so much! We got in line and he told the lady behind us and the cashier he was getting cones . Then asked if he could hold the cones instead of have them in a sack. When we got in the car he asked me why did you get me cones? He has found multiple uses for them.....to keep guard around a "construction site" he made with "wood" he got from the food pantry, on the floor in front of his bed at nap time, and to make a path for his trike. I loved that something so simple made him so happy!

This week he has been working hard on his Mother's Day cards for his grandmothers. One night Daddy helped him make a picture for me and today he worked on a card too. I look forward to seeing those! He doesn't always enjoy coloring for long periods of time (like I do), but I can get him to sit and do a little at a time. He does such a nice job. I use these times for little "teacher" lessons about doing his best and taking his time on his work. He wrote the names on the cards too this year with minimal help from me along with his name. He also painted little sun catchers for them.

He is such a joy, and I'm so thankful to have such a special son! It is a blessing to be his Mommy!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The Lord your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing." Zephaniah 3:17

3 comments:

Melanie said...

Such sweet stories... I know he must be such a blessing for you and your husband.

Happy Mother's Day!

Anonymous said...

An extremely special little boy with an extremely special Mommy & Daddy!!
I love you all!!
Gramma

Runnergirl Creations said...

I always enjoy Caleb stories! Thank you for sharing! :)