Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!

I wish all of you mother's a Happy Mother's Day! This has always been a special day to me to celebrate and remember the special women in my life. Now it holds new meaning that we have our special son.

As I was reading other Thankful Thursday postings this week, I realized I did not even mention in my post my thankfulness for my Mom! I am very blessed to have a wonderful Mom. There are many women who have played a vital role in my life, and I'm thankful for them all. I hope you take the time to day to remember and honor the special ladies in your life.

It is such a blessing to me to have such a sweet little son. I am thankful God chose me to be his Mommy. I have enjoyed more than words can say watching him grow and develop. When he lays in my arms and I see his legs hanging over the arm rest, I am reminded how quickly time has passed. When I open my eyes in the morning and see a little smiling face beside my bed, I am reminded to be thankful to have that smile to wake me. When I see him copying everything his Daddy does, I am reminded what a blessing it is for me to have such a special husband to help in raising him. When I see his face light up when he his Gramma comes, I'm reminded of my own loving relationship with my Peepaw and feel happy he knows that love too. When I observe him doing something I've taught him to do (like walk in a restaurant instead of run), I am reminded of the awesome responsibility we've been given to teach him how to obey and respect rules. When I watch as he becomes more and more independent, I am reminded that he is able to make his own choices, even though he may not choose the same thing I would. When I hear "Mommy help me," I am reminded that he does still need me for many things and to be thankful for those times to stop and help. When I hear him singing "Jesus Loves Me," I am reminded how my faith needs to be like that of a child. I love you sweet boy! Thank you for teaching me so much as your Mommy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I will sing of the Lord's great love forever with my mouth I will make your faithfulness known through all generations." Psalm 89:1

No comments: