Sunday, January 13, 2008

Another day to remember

It's been five years since my miscarriage. I was thinking of it this week and couldn't believe that it has really been five years. That seems so long ago. It made me really sad to think about it being five years....I think because with "five" I automatically think of her being old enough to go to school.

I'm glad we can remember. I'm thankful for what I learned during that pregnancy, even though it was so brief. I'm thankful for those who supported me in that time....the people I knew cared about us and who offered their prayers and support. I'm thankful for what I learned about being compassionate to others in the same situation.

It was very fitting to read this in a devotional book today. It is one of my favorites and think it is appropriate for this day. God made our first little one. Even though she isn't with us today we still know He created that body and knew all about that little short life. That brings me comfort.

Today I will end with this verse:
"You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother's womb. Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex! Your workmanship is marvelous--how well I know it. You watched me as I was being formed in utter seclusion, as I was woven together in the dark of the womb. You saw me before I was born. Every day of my life was recorded in your book. Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed." Psalm 139:13--16 NLT

3 comments:

Sarah said...

My prayers are with you today as you remember this hard time. I was just thinking about your sweet angel girl earlier this week. Take care! I love you!

Kathy said...

I'm sorry you had to go through that. I understand, as I went through it also. If you ever want to talk about it, drop me an email. I know when I went through it, it helped so much just to talk about it.

sister sheri said...

What a touching post. I am sorry about your loss. What a great God we serve who would be so thoughtful to lead you to read that particular devotion.