Thursday, December 20, 2007

Thankful Thursday



"Give thanks to the Lord, call on his name; make known among the nations what he has done. Sing to him, sing praise to him; tell of his wonderful acts. Glory in his holy name; let the hearts of those who seek the Lord rejoice. Look to the Lord and his strength; seek his face always." Psalm 105:1--4
I wanted to share this passage today as part of my Thankful Thursday. I loved the part "seek his face always." It really spoke to me when I read it yesterday and feel very thankful in my heart.
This week I am thankful for...
*my husband's job. I was so proud of the excellent job appraisal review he received yesterday. Not that I am surprised but I know it felt good to him to finally have some recognition from his supervisor that he is doing a good job.

*my funny little boy who is trying really hard not to tell us what presents we have and is so excited to give to others. It just melts my heart that he wants to buy food for the food pantry.
*safe travel and protection from the Lord.
*yummy treats we enjoy this time of year. We have had friends give us some delicious breads and also look forward to all the treats my Mom has made. We got here last night and haven't had time to sample it all yet!
*having a joyous Christmas season and not feeling too overwhelmed this year.
Other posters have posted here today. Hope you have a Thankful Thursday whatever you're doing!
--------------------------------------
"Look to the Lord and his strength. Seek his face always." Psalm 105:4

7 comments:

Susan said...

Happy TT to you...

Great post. Glad you are not feeling "over~whelmed", how refreshing to read those words.

Merry Christmas!

Susie said...

What a fun thankful list to read! Little children getting the meaning of Christmas makes my heart smile. Be blessed this Christmas.

Aunt Angie said...

Awesome post! I love to see children "feel" true Christmas in their hearts!

day by day said...

Oh, I know just what you mean about being thankful for job recongition...such a blessing!

Seek His face always...such encouraging words and the only way to get through the difficult parts of our day.

I am also very thankful for yummy treats this time and all through the year. : )

Unknown said...

BP,

Beautiful TT post. It is a warm fuzzy to read about your little boy and I always love to hear praises for our husbands. Thank you!

Have a blessed and beautiful Christmas. Love and hugs, Lynn

Nise' said...

I have been enjoying waaaayyy too many of those special treats! Thanks for sharing today.

Denise said...

I enjoyed your thankful thursday list, be blessed.