Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Something exciting for me!

We have the Christmas stuff finished up for the most part. I love that the busyness has slowed down and we don't have much left on our to do lists.... mostly just waiting for Daddy to get off work Wednesday so we can leave! (I guess we'll have some packing to do too but that isn't a big deal!)

Well today I had planned to make the "Caleb video" for my Mom. It won't be a surprise to her to read it here because I make her one twice a year (either her birthday or Mother's Day and again at Christmas) and was excited to post this! I got the videos all ready and the blank tape in the VCR. I connected the cables but nothing happened. I thought I must have had it on the wrong channel so I flipped through the channels. Still nothing. I could hear a little whirring noise when I attached the yellow video cable. I remember from doing these videos in the past that if it wasn't completely in the hole then it wouldn't feed to the television. I looked closely at the hole and thought maybe part of it had broken off of the camera because it wasn't really fitting snugly as I remembered it doing. JMP thought we could do it through the computer and record onto a DVD. I chatted with some Sony tech person. He wanted me to install some software that came with the camera. I continued to look around on the Sony sight looking for a picture to see if that part had broken off. Well the pictures showed a different cord than I was using! The one I was using had yellow on both ends. The one I needed was one cord with 3 outlet things (I don't know the technological name!) attached. It clicked in my brain when I saw it that I wasn't using the correct cable. I told Caleb we were going to search for that cord. I'd already looked in the camera bag, and it didn't have anything related in it. I told him we'd pray we could know where to look and be able to find it. So we prayed we could find it. I went to look in the drawer under the TV in our bedroom and there it was! I was so excited. I have no clue where this other cord I was using came from or why it was there instead of the one I needed! It was just really exciting to me to find it so quickly. It is really such a silly little thing, but it made me happy to be reminded that God does listen to our prayers. Something so insignificant but it mattered to me.

And yes we started recording the video now. Caleb loves to watch himself. It is rather funny to see how he's changed the past year.
-----------------------------------------------
"I love those that love me; and those that seek me early shall find me." Proverbs 8:17

2 comments:

Kathy said...

That was a great lesson for Caleb to learn how God really does answer prayer.

Sarah said...

How wonderful that your prayer was answered so quickly. I hope the video turns out wonderfully!