Monday, December 24, 2007

Christmas Traditions

There are some traditions we have in our home and have done since we were married I guess. We don't have set days that we are with certain family members. We just see how the calendar and work schedule fit. We do go see both of our families though close to the holidays.

We pick out and decorate a tree together. We go to look at lights each year. We plan to go do this tonight. This is something I always did as a child and love to do each year. We watch the video Noel. It is a cartoon about a red Christmas ornament and one of my favorite Christmas movies. We need to do this today! Another tradition is making treats to share with different people in our community. One thing we've done for each year of our marriage is to be at our home on Christmas morning. We buy or make an ornament each year too for the tree.


I loved something my husband said in his prayer with Caleb before bed last night....that we will remember this season why we do what we do. I loved that. I have been more reminded this year of the sacrifice of God sending His Son and reflecting on that more this year it seems than other years.


Oh and on a totally different subject....I have another praise God. Just a couple people know about one of my recent prayer requests but God has answered! I think you'll know what I mean those of you who've been praying. :) The answered prayer earlier this week with the cord really encouraged my faith that God would answer this other prayer too. And He did!


Have a wonderful day! Thanks for stopping by!
-------------------------------------------------------------------
"Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel.....God with us." Matthew 1:23

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Thanks for sharing -- I enjoyed reading about your traditions. Thank God for answered prayer!