Thursday, November 15, 2007

Thankful Thursday


This morning I was thinking of different songs that say the words "Thank You" or are praises of thankfulness to God. Here are a few that came to mind. Maybe you have your own to add to the list! (I'm going to write the words to the songs since I'm not sure of the exact titles.)
*For all that You've done I will thank You. For all that You're going to do.....
*Give thanks, with a grateful heart. Give thanks, to the Holy One. Give thanks, because he's given Jesus Christ, His Son....
*Thank You, Lord, for saving my soul. Thank You, Lord, for making me whole. Thank You Lord for giving to me so great a salvation so rich and so free...
*I want to thank You Lord, for loving me (Thank You Father), thank You Lord for saving my soul....
*I am blessed. I am blessed. Everyday of my life I am blessed.....
I thought it was interesting that I started typing this blog of songs today, and then looked at the host site for TT today and she had written about music as well.
Now for my thankful list today, just one week away from Thanksgiving!
Today I am thankful for...
*my husband being off Monday and our wonderful three day weekend. I've already mentioned the rose he picked for me and cleaning of the bathroom he did on his day off, plus putting together a shelf and cooking breakfast and supper.
*my sweet son's love of books. It touches both my "Mommy heart" and "teacher heart" that he loves books so much. Sometimes I'll notice he is being quiet, and when I check on him he's intently looking through a stack of books.
*opportunities to help others through volunteering. It is such a wonderful thing to volunteer. I would encourage you to sign up somewhere to volunteer. I know you will be blessed.
*the wonderful things I've learned through the "Breaking Free" Bible study. I love how God is showing me new things in His Word.
*the encouragement I receive from reading emails from friends.
Hope you have a wonderful day and God bless you. Have a thankful heart today!
-----------------------------------------------
"Every morning tell him, "Thank you for your kindness," and every evening rejoice in all his faithfulness." Psalm 92:2 TLB

7 comments:

Crystal said...

They say that great minds think alike! Thanks for sharing this week!
Blessings

Anonymous said...

We were just singing "Give Thanks" at a family gathering last night with my 3 year old grand nephew singing each word clearly and with joy. What a blessing to be reminded of that here on your post. May God bless you as you continue to serve Him with thanksgiving...

Denise said...

Precious post, bless you.

Talk..to..Grams said...

I love reading the songs you had listed!!
It will be neat for you to have a 3days weekend!! I hope you enjoy it! Thanks for your visit!! Blessings, Grams

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for sharing!

Melanie said...

What a great post. How wonderful that your hubby did all those things on his day off!

As a former teacher turned stay at home mom- I get those same warm feelings when my 13 month old will sit for minutes at a time looking at her books.

Kathy said...

I know many of those songs you mentioned. In fact, I am playing "Give Thanks" this Sunday for the offertory.
When you mentioned your son being quiet and finding him with a stack of books, it brought back a picture to my mind of my son when he was that age and I can just see him sitting there looking at books. (brings tears) Oh how I miss those days!