Wednesday, November 14, 2007

A chicken with leaves

Last night I called the boys in from the back porch. I told Caleb we were going to think of things he's thankful for and make a "thankful turkey." I said, "Thank You, God, for ......... His first answer was chickens! He also said sun, outside, and animals. He started "writing" some on his own feathers. I said look this one says Mommy for a feather Daddy had written. Then Caleb was going to write Dad. He knows how to spell it, he always says D-O-D. Then I will correct him and say A and say the short sound of A and so he'll say that know when he's spelling it. It was a fun project! We called Gramma and she asked what we were doing. Caleb told her he was making a chicken with leaves!! It made us all laugh. I've included a picture of the completed project.
----------------------
"But if....you seek the Lord your God, you will find him if you look for him with all your heart and with all your soul." Deuteronomy 4:29

1 comment:

Melanie said...

What a cute project! How adorable for Caleb to say he was working on a chicken with leaves.

I love your blog!!