Friday, November 16, 2007

Some Caleb stories

The past few days Caleb has done some things that are so cute, sweet, or funny (to us at least!) so I thought I'd share them.

Yesterday I got out some pants for him to wear. He came in his room and said, "I don't want to wear khakis, I want blue jeans." It really made me laugh because I didn't know he knew the word khakis!

We bought some big bags, which are great by the way. Caleb found an empty one in our closet and came out with it on his head. I immediately told him we don't put things on our heads because we need air to breathe. So he decides to get in the bag instead which goes about half-way up his body. Then he asked if I'd zip him up. I again told him we need air, and he can't be inside the bag. His response was that he'd just get his air tank. Since he's been playing fire fighter lately he has made an air tank out of a little backpack. He got the backpack strapped on and then wrapped his jump rope around his shoulders, putting the handles of the rope up by his nose. Very creative I thought!

I was hanging up clothes and it was making me cold. Caleb was in the house playing and coming to the door to see me every now and then. One time I told him I was getting cold and might need some hot cocoa. When I came inside, he said he had fixed me a snack. He put some Goldfish in a pile and got out a pack of Fruit Smiles and a cocoa pack. He was so proud to have put this together for me when I came in from the chilly day. We enjoyed our snack together.

One night I gave him some ham to eat, and he went to the fridge and got out grape jelly. We asked if he wanted some bread too. I first thought he just wanted to eat some jelly by itself. Wrong! He spooned some jelly on the piece of ham, rolled it up, and ate it. Daddy and I had to turn our heads from this. That just doesn't sound appetizing!

He was sleeping late this morning and when I heard him I went to see him. He saw me and his face lit up and ran to my arms! Awwwww!

I'm so thankful for my sweet boy!
---------------------------------------
"Praise the LORD. Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever." Psalm 106:1

No comments: