Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Supper story

Tonight as we were eating supper Caleb saw a bird on the electric line through the back window. He said it looked like a chicken. I asked him what animal he liked. He thought for a moment then said pigs. Then he tried to show me something with his hand saying "I like....." and didn't know the word for it. He said it was when he was playing in the sand. I thought he meant a bug or something. I asked if he was in his sandbox. He said no over there, out there and pointed in the direction of the front window. Then he said petting farm. Ohhhhhhhh!! All the pieces clicked at this point, and I knew he meant an animal from our vacation at the petting zoo. He played in the sand there too. He couldn't remember the name of the animal! I said, "oh, you like goats." It always surprises me when he remembers a random detail like that from months ago!
--------------------------------------------
"This is what the LORD says: 'Cursed is the one who trusts in man, who depends on flesh for his strength and whose heart turns away from the LORD. He will be like a bush in the wastelands; he will not see prosperity when it comes. He will dwell in the parched places of the desert, in a salt land where no one lives. But blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD, whose confidence is in him. He will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green. It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit.' " Jeremiah 17:5-8

No comments: