Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Meat Market and Crops

We bought some meat from the meat market today. JMP had taken me there for lunch one day during the summer. I'd been intending to go back and buy some meat but just had not until now. I bought one of the freezer packs so we could try a variety of meats. It came with bacon, two kinds of sausage, three pounds ground beef, and two pounds pork steak for $25. I also got a roast in addition to the freezer pack. I used one of the ground beefs for supper tonight. It was very lean.

This morning I hung out some clothes before we left. I heard Caleb on the porch and asked what he was doing. He said I GOT MY CROPS. I did not have a clue what he meant. Then he came farther out onto the porch and realized he was referring to his shoes. We call them Crocs. You've probably seen them or have a pair yourself.We all have a pair now (not the name brand though, we just call them that). Later in the day he told me they were called cricks. Then he said cricks, crops, cracks.

-------------------------------------------
"A human life is like a single letter of the alphabet. It can be meaningless. Or it can be a part of a great meaning."

No comments: