Monday, August 13, 2007

A fun surprise for me!

Last week JMP told me my Dad had called him at work. This really surprised me and my first thought was something was wrong. Nope! Dad wanted to surprise me with some clothesline poles he made for me. JMP said he might not should tell me, but he figured I'd know something was up when he started digging two holes in the backyard. Later my Dad called and told me he had made them.

Several months ago I decided I would like to have a clothesline. We'd looked in the store but couldn't find anything. I posted an ad on freecycle to see if anyone had any clothesline poles they no longer used. A lady responded and said we could have them if we could get them out of the ground. Well we went and JMP dug and dug and eventually one of the poles broke off. It was cemented in the ground plus had lots of tree roots growing around it. He didn't have the energy that day to get the other one out of the ground, and we haven't made it back over there.

He brought them over Saturday when he came for Caleb's party. I watched them put them in the holes dug earlier in the week by JMP and Caleb. JMP said they are really heavy duty poles. Also, my Dad made them so that we can unscrew them from the ground to take with us if we ever move. Isn't that nifty!

JMP has all the stuff he needs to cement them in the ground and will probably work on it in the evening when it is a bit cooler.

-------------------------------------
(I forgot to add this when I was typing it. I knew I was forgetting something but didn't know what it was. Usually I forget the labels!)

"Let love and faithfulness never leave you. Write them on the tablet of your heart." Proverbs 3:3

No comments: