Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Biscuit Pizza Bake

We had this last night for supper. It's one of our favorites. I've been making it for several years now and don't even need to look at the recipe anymore.

1 lb. ground beef
2 tubes (12 oz. each) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
1 can (15 oz.) pizza sauce
1 c. chopped green pepper
1/2 c. chopped onion
1 can (4 oz.) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
1 pkg. (3 1/2 oz.) sliced pepperoni
1 c. (4 oz.) shredded mozzarella cheese
1 c. (4 oz.) shredded cheddar cheese

In a skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink. Meanwhile, quarter the biscuits; place in a greased shallow 3-qt. baking dish. Top with pizza sauce. Drain beef; sprinkle over biscuits and sauce. Layer with green pepper, onion, mushrooms, pepperoni, and cheeses. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 5-10 minutes before serving. Yield: 6--8 servings

From: Taste of Home's 2001 Quick Cooking Annual Recipes

I never put the mushrooms or pepperoni in ours. Also, I usually only use one tube of biscuits. That pretty much covers the bottom of the baking dish I use.

I like to make this the same week I make spaghetti. I cook extra meat and also have sauce leftover. I really like it when I can find ways to use up the food before it goes bad.

Hope you enjoy it!
-------------------------------
"Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God—this is your spiritual act of worship." Romans 12:1

No comments: